This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission. Please read my full disclosure policy for details.
Dinner can be one of the best meals of the day to go “Raw” for a number of reasons:
- Raw vegan dinners take minutes to prepare – perfect after a long day at work.
- They can be made in batches in advance, so you don’t need to prepare dinner every night
- They will fill you up without being heavy, which is perfect for the last meal of the day.
Raw Vegan dinner ideas
These 4 dinner ideas will satisfy you and give you the energy to get through the rest of the day, without piling on unnecessary calories that you probably won’t burn off for the rest of the day.
- Raw Vegan Soup – there are many Raw soup recipes, such as those in Eating For Energy, which are both energizing and satisfying.
- Large salad – salads are perfect dinner meals when bulked out with ingredients such as nuts, seeds, oils, avocados, sprouted seeds etc.
- Raw pasta dishes – instead of wheat based pasta that will leave you sluggish and lethargic, make a huge pile of Raw pasta using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make “spaghetti” from vegetables such as zucchini, sweet potato or cucumber.
- Raw curry and rice – make raw “rice” by blending cauliflower until it resembles rice. Serve with raw curry (see the Raw indian recipes section).
Raw Vegan dinner – the dessert!
The great thing about eating raw vegan dinners is that your waistline will also allow for a Raw vegan dessert most evenings as well!
Some ideas for dessert to finish off your meal include:
- Fresh Fruit.
- Raw sorbets and ice creams made with frozen fruit
- Raw puddings made from a recipe
As you can see there are many advantages to eating Raw at dinner time. Not only will your meal take seconds to prepare and leave you satisfied and energized, but you’ll also be able to finish it off with something sweet, completely guilt-free!
[Ed. Note: Yuri Elkaim is a leading fitness and fat loss expert, certified kinesiologist, registered holistic nutritionist, and the strength & conditioning coach for the men’s and women’s soccer programs at the University of Toronto. Yuri’s ‘Amazing Abs Solution’ will give you the diet and exercise tools you need to get the abs you’ve always wanted. ]
I’ve actually thought of going vegan, however I heard its quite expensive and can be hard to maintain since its difficult to get all the right nutrients and vitamins.