Image by: Keoni Cabral
By Annie Kincaid
As a woman who appreciates the journey more than the destination, I’m always looking for any new, helpful information I can add the already overflowing confines of my mind. You just never know when, or where, or how that one random piece of advice you read or snip of news you heard might just come in handy more than you ever expected.
- Get inspired by the founder of Buzzfeed and learn from what has made the company a self-made media powerhouse
- Are you dating Maybe? Find out what one female writer shares about her experience dating a guy whose insecurity disguised itself for too long
- And in case you have been curious as to why it might be that there are so many Mr. Maybe’s floating around out there, take a look at some reasons why modern relationships fall apart so easily
- Because it’s not all bad news, here are 20 signs that your boyfriend is one of the good ones
- Then get ready for some myth busting when it comes to your diet and exercise
In the very in depth piece How BuzzFeed’s Jonah Peretti Is Building A 100-Year Media Company by writer Noah Robischon, you will learn a lot about how the company has quickly become one of the most popular websites on the planet in just under three years.
From the very beginning, Peretti envisioned his empire to be like the early days of Paramount Pictures, the film company. Back in those days Paramount had its own production studio, all of its own talent, and its own distribution channel through a chain of movie theatres.
By creating a majority of its own content using its own employees to make it and then spreading out the distribution of said content across a multitude of social media channels, BuzzFeed has essentially followed in the footsteps of the motion picture giant.
And that could not be more accurate considering they own their own 52,000 square foot production studio that functions as BuzzFeed Motion Pictures with Ze Frank at the helm.
The key to making it all work is the people. Frank splits them up into teams where they get the title of “multihyphenates” and instead of being confined to one task, they do everything to maximize exposure and expand creativity.
By writing, acting, producing, directing, hanging the lights, editing the video, and so on, everyone becomes hyper aware of every aspect of what it is they are creating. That’s really smart.
The piece is a little longer than your typical article, but I highly suggest you read the rest of it to pick up some more inspiring tips.
Take a Little Journey Of Love
When I came across writer Rania Naim’s piece Falling In Love With Mr. Maybe I was immediately intrigued by the title. “What exactly is a Mr. Maybe?” I thought. I soon discovered that through a list Naim had created, it has to do with the man you are seeing being someone who can never make up his mind.
- “Maybe” he is down for dinner this weekend, depending on whether or not he will be done with all his other priorities.
- “Maybe” he really is too busy.
- “Maybe” he cares but doesn’t know how to show it.
- “Maybe” he is just stressed out at work and that is why he hasn’t been making any effort.
Or maybe, just maybe, he has commitment issues and needs to grow up instead of driving you insane with his insecurities. Look buddy, you either want to be with her, or you don’t. Don’t waste your time with a guy like this ladies, he may never come around and you have way better things to do with your life.
Do you ever wonder where a Mr. Maybe comes from? Or what kind of beliefs a person like that must have in order to act that way? Check out Why Modern Relationships Are Falling Apart So Easily Today, and you will be enlightened by a whole series of observational statements that aim to give an answer that problem.
But just so you don’t feel like this is all about misguided love, I also found some help you can use in telling whether or not your boyfriend is one of the good ones. If he doesn’t play games by saying one thing and doing something else or try to manipulate you, that’s a good start.
Check out the rest of the signs and affirm your own beliefs in case you feel like you have a real catch.
Now, before I leave you, I just want to add this short piece I found about the 5 Common Exercise Myths Every Woman Should Know.
Why? Because if you are anything like me, you tend to overfill your head with information and need a little reminder now and then to make sure you aren’t wasting your time doing it wrong. Like I said before ladies, you never know when you might need it!