Image by: Moyan Brenn
By Annie Kincaid
Ladies, if you’re anything like me then you probably have doubts about things from time to time. And worries too. It seems like the two kind of go hand in hand.
Well I found some great articles that aim to quell our troubled minds and help to sort out all of the good from the bad.
- Learn from experience as people over the age of 60 share their life’s greatest insights
- Then see how to change your life, even if you are afraid to do it
- And how to worry less from people who have figured it out
- Do you need an energy detox? Do you know what an energy detox is? It’s time you learn
- Love, relationships, dating, we tackle it all with a few great sources
Free Advice Has It’s Stigma, But Not This Kind
If you have ever had the pleasure of working retail then you might have experienced the wit and wisdom that random senior citizens like to drop on the younger generations. Or maybe your older family members do that for you already.
Either way you should check out 20 Very Interesting Pieces Of Advice From People Over 60 over at Collective-evolution.com. Some of my favorites are:
- People always say, ’’Make sure you get a job doing what you love!’’ But that isn’t the best advice.
- Years go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young. Live your life. Go places. Do things.
- Nobody ever dies wishing they had worked more.
- If you have a dream of being or doing something that seems impossible, try for it anyway.
- When you meet someone for the first time, stop and realize that you really know nothing about them.
Check out the list for yourself to see the rest!
Then head over to Mindbodygreen.com and learn How to Change Your Life, Even If You’re Terrified to Do It. Author Shannon Kaiser shares her story of how difficult it was to cope with making the moves she knew she needed to:
“I spent my twenties in a career that I thought I wanted, but eventually it suffocated my soul…I was terrified to change my life. I thought, “What would I do for a living?… It can be terrifying to move forward and make a change. I get it. I’ve been there. But the reality is that you don’t have to change all at once. All you have to do is be brave enough to make one small change, one day, one moment at a time. Courage is what will pull you into a happier life.”
And just in case you need one more dose of living a more worry free life, read How to Worry Less: Tips from People Who Have Figured It Out.
Psychologist and author Karl Pillemer Ph.D. shares the results of some of his practical wisdom studies in which he asked 1200 elderly people, “what they would recommend to younger people looking for ways to make the most of their lives.”
I let you see what the most popular answer was and why.
Get Rid Of Negative Energy & Start Stacking the Good!
I don’t know if any of you ladies out there have ever tried an energetic detox, but when I started reading Shelley M. White’s article Are You In Need Of An Energetic Detox? What It Is & Why You May Need One I thought it was worth a try.
“An energetic detox is the process of releasing stored negative energies image from past traumas, unprocessed emotions, repressed memories and so on. When unpleasant emotions arise and you resist them, they are unable to release themselves from the energy field of your body.”
White goes on to list some techniques for releasing stored energies like:
- The Emotional Freedom Technique
- Eden Energy Medicine
- Emotional Ease Meditation
And to refill some of those dispersed negative energies, you can check out 12 Transformative Thoughts & Actions That Can Boost Your Inner Energy. Some great suggestions include:
- Give Yourself A Reason To Smile Every Day
- Think Fond Thoughts About Your Mistakes
- See The Benefits & Value of Others (Even Those You Don’t Like Much)
Let’s Work On the Love Life For a Minute
This first article is slightly meta in that is advice about advice! But after I read Things to Keep in Mind When Giving/Getting Relationship Advice I knew author Lyndsay Rush had something good here. About the giving and getting Rush says:
“Choose your opinions wisely. Not all relationship advice is created equal. Every advice-giver has their own relationship past that fuels their opinion.”
So true. You want to stereotype if you’ve been burned, but it’s wise not to.
And is case you took some of that to heart, then it might be a good time to read 7 Signs You’re in an Unhealthy Rebound Relationship. Especially if you have fallen for one of the 5 Qualities Of Incredibly Attractive People.
Just remember, don’t worry so much!